Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, May 1, 2017

I've found the greatest joy from serving the people around me.

May 1, 2017

  Today is transfer calls already! I just think it's so crazy that the transfers just keep getting faster! Olbia has been awesome! I hope I get to stay Sardegna, it’s just beautiful!! This week was extremely fast; it started with a scambio in Sassari with Anziano Cutler. He's awesome, we’re going to room together in College! We get along super well and do missionary work very well together also!  We had a couple of cool experiences together. So first thing in the morning we walked outside and these two guys yelled at us and asked us if was wanted to go and get some coffee with them which more means to get any kind of drink at the bar which is more just like a Café. We didn't feel anything telling us not to so we went with them and got some hot chocolate! It was good. Also there was a lot of people at the bar that knew them so they were excited to see us Americans! It was sweet, they weren't really interested in the gospel but we left a message. After that we were walking by the church and passed a track and saw about 7-10 coaches. So we went to go talk to them, and they loved us! We explained why we're here and what we do then talked some more about track. Some respected me and others just thought I was crazy for leaving track for 2 years! Haha we left a really good message and now the missionaries can go over there and they know who we are.

  So this week we did a lot of finding and there is always this group of teenagers that whenever they see the missionaries they yell "Washington!!!!" Haha we met them my first night here when we went out for pizza and I guess they were pretty excited that I was from Washington. We saw them like 4 times one day and every time they all just yelled "Washington!!" It's awesome! 

  One night we were finding and Anziano Rogler suggested that we go and see Emiliano who is a recent convert. So we texted him and he said to be at his house in 30 minutes so we were there and we had an awesome lesson and gospel conversation with him. He made us some food and we were so happy to be there with him. At the end he said the prayer and thanked God for the missionaries and that he didn't have to eat alone that night. It was so great to hear that prayer and have the confirmation that God wanted us there that night. Being on the mission is just a great experience.  Being able to be the answer to someone's prayer is such a great experience. But you don't have to be a missionary to be the answer to someone's prayer. We can all listen to the Holy Ghost and serve others around us, even if it's just a smile! I've found the greatest joy from serving the people around me and I hope that we all can search for opportunities to serve!

  So this morning was awesome! I was writing my email to President Pickered and telling him a bit about the transfer and how we have put a lot of effort but haven't seen any big numerical success.  I told him that I know that our non stop efforts will soon bless us through. A couple of hours later our investigator Santo called us telling us he was reading from the book of Mormon and that he needs the strength from baptism before he leaves for Sicily may 12th! We've been working all transfer with him towards baptism and helping him to stop smoking and everything and he finally got the confirmation that it's time for him to be baptized! It's just been awesome to see how he's progressed since I've been here! He's been an investigator for a while now and not only me but other missionaries have poured their hearts out in lessons with him. I'm so happy to be the one to witness him enter the waters of baptism! The lord truly blesses our efforts! I love you all and wish you a great week!

Vi voglio bene!


Anziano Ruiz 










No comments:

Post a Comment