Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, May 29, 2017

I know that when we are obedient we can really feel God's love and see the blessings he has waiting to give us!

May 29, 2017

  Super-fast week! After Pday Anziano Cutler and I started our Scambio over in Sassari, it was sweet we were on fire opening our mouths and talking to everyone. We ran into to this one guy who right when he saw us started rambling about how we are supposed to help him stop smoking! Haha I guess the met the missionaries a while ago and they said that they would help him stop smoking. When he was with us he was ready to set a date to meet. The first thing we told him is that he can't do it without God's help, then he said” that's perfect because I'm starting to believe in him again”. It was an awesome experience and goes to show that God is preparing people for the gospel. We just have to do our part; get out there and open out mouths. For the12 week training program for new missionaries this week we actually focused more on finding. In Olbia we do a lot of it. We took the Scambio energy along with the Preach My Gospel principles and ended up finding a family who is ready to hear our message! We are really excited to share the blessings found in The restored gospel with them!

  This week Anziano Parker and I made the goal that while we read the missionary hand book that everything that we weren't doing or that we could be doing better that we were going to do it! One of those was "Speak your assigned mission language as much as possible." Usually we just talk in Italian a couple hours out of the day but right after we read that we just started talking in Italian from then on. It was really cool actually! I found that I was a lot more happy throughout the day! Being obedient in the little things helps us receive all that the Lord has to offer us. And there is a lot that he has to offer, preach my gospel says "As you obey, you increase in faith, knowledge, wisdom, testimony, protection, and freedom." What great blessings are promised by simply being obedient? In Mosiah chapter 4:29 It reads " And finally, I cannot tell you all the things whereby ye may commit sin; for there are divers ways and means, even so many that I cannot number them.
30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not." Now this verse is pretty negative so I'd like to make is positive and say "remember, and have eternal life!" There are too many ways that I can go astray from the straight and narrow path in this life! But that’s why God has it laid out for us. The path is in fact straight and narrow! I know that when we are obedient we can really feel God's love and see the blessings he has waiting to give us! Have a great week! I know we all can when we follow God's commandments!

Vi voglio bene 


Anziano Ruiz 

More doughnuts with Dino(our investigator). 





End product of a pizza we made. We didn't have the right dough or a pan big enough so it turned out super weird. It was really good though.


 This is the sunset from Sassari's church. You can see the sea just a bit, it's so beautiful.

This stuff is called "faine". There are only two cities in the world where you can get. And this is the best one.



 This house is just covered in flowers it's crazy.



I saw these same flowers in Rome
 when I started my mission!

This is a super homie pizza guy Gabriella. We brought him brownies and he made us this pizza for free!


No comments:

Post a Comment