Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, May 8, 2017

I have grown to love our Savior so much; I know that through him we can endure all things that come our way in this life.

May 8, 2017

  This week has been great! I hit my 10 month mark this last Saturday which was crazy! The same day we also had Santos baptism which was just awesome! I'll explain some details later on. So for transfers I'm staying here in Olbia!! So I'm super happy about that! And maybe even more exciting is that I got called to train a new missionary now! It's so awesome! So this week was packed full of stuff to do. 

  So last Monday we got calls for transfers and Santo called us telling us the news that I shared last week. So that night we went and taught Santo the remaining lessons and went over the baptismal interview questions with him and he accepted everything and that was good. The next day Santo had his baptismal interview and it went great! Thursday was the transfer day I said bye to Anziano  Rogler. He's awesome, I'm gonna miss that guy. After that I went over to Sassari to meet up with Anziano Cutler to pick up our new missionaries! So my new companion's name is Anziano Parker! He's really tall too so we call ourselves the twin towers around the members, they are all super short I think it's a Sardegna thing haha. Anziano Parker is from Stockton California and is ready to be a missionary! We are both excited to learn from each other and grow a lot these next two transfers!

  Anziano Parkers first days in the mission were a little unusual because we were really busy planning the baptism and just getting everything figured out. Saturday was the baptism and it went great! Santo asked me to baptize him and it was an honor to do that. Working with Santo this past transfer has been awesome, it turned out that he was only taught the first two lessons before I came so I had the opportunity to teach him from there on. Last zone conference we focused on the Book of Mormon so that's what we focused on with Santo.  It turned out that that was where a big part of his conversion came from. When he gave his testimony after the baptism he started talking about how he's been looking to follow God's will his whole life, and how he's happy that it brought him into The Church of Jesus Christ himself. Santo is a pretty tough guy but when we was baring his testimony he was really feeling the spirit and started to cry then rushed to finish and sat down because he didn't  want people seeing him cry. It was kinda cute I’d say haha, he also gave an awesome testimony during sacrament meeting. He feels the spirit so strongly. It was just amazing to see Santo follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized.  

  This week I was reading Mosiah chapter 3 and it was really good. I think as of now it's my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. It talks about the Atonement of Christ. I really loved verse 17, "And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent." Throughout my mission I have been learning so much more about Christ and deepening my understanding of him. And it's been great! All things in the church would not be if it were not for him. I know that he is the Savior of the world. I love sharing this testimony with all I meet and am so happy to be serving the lord at this time! 

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Ruiz

 P.S. Congratulations to Jaden and Natalee! I love you both!

  a huge bike ride all across Italia. 









 Castelsardo, Province of Sassari, Italy





















No comments:

Post a Comment