Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Another Pday in Rome!

August 29, 2016 
  Gosh, another Pday (preparation day) in Rome! This week went by so fast it's crazy! There was a lot of good this week and a little bad.. Italy had a pretty bad earthquake in a town, luckily the missionaries there were safe but there were a lot of people found dead. Almost 250. It's really sad too see and there are a lot of prayers going that way.  It happened far enough from Rome and in the middle of the night so I didn't feel a thing and slept thought the night just fine. But some of the other Anziani (Elders) in my apartment said that they felt it that night. Anyway we went on with our week and it was good!
   We did a lot of park finding that went pretty good! We were able to teach a couple of lessons and one was in English so that was super nice! Haha. We had a couple of dinner appointments this week that were Great! The family's here love to see pictures of you so I just pullout my tablet show them all my pictures and they say stuff to me then I don't understand so I just smile back and say si haha. Most of the people we talk to just want to talk because we're American and they want to know what we're doing here haha so we just bare testimony and know that we leave them with a spiritual up lift.
   Me and my companion found a basketball court with people playing so we went over to play with them, it was fun. Before we started I was just playing around getting lucky draining some 3's and dunking, they were pretty intimidated hahaha we are going to go again to play and teach a lesson when we are done. Hopefully it will turn out good! 
  We had a dinner appointment with the Michelini's. They are a senior couple here in Rome, a giant wasp got in the house it was scary but I ended up killing it but got stung on my thumb it hurt so bad! Anyway, we had hamburgers with them and had a great spiritual thought.
   Another day this week we traveled pretty far to visit a less active member and they weren't home so that was pretty upsetting but it worked out perfectly because we found someone to teach in that area! This is just a testimony to me that God has a plan for everything. One park that we were finding in we ran into a couple that spoke English and just started talking to them about what we're are doing here. They weren't interested but It was nice to talk and bare testimony with them. It really got me thinking about how great the mission is. We get two years of our life where all we have to worry about is smiling and bringing the light and love of Christ into people's life. The church is so true the book or Mormon is so great, everyday I read it and am filled with the spirit. I love this Gospel and serving the people here in Italy. Thank you everybody for the prayers I can really feel them. I miss you all, have a great week! 
   Love 
   - Anziano Ruiz
San Giovanni the old Vatican


 This is some really good pasta that me and Anziano Anderson made this week
 (pasta thre colori)


 Some sweet graffiti and the kid we taught after we tried to contact a less active.

There's some pretty cool graffiti here, the heart is at a metro station.

 The huge wasp!
 roman.ruiz@myldsmail.com

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment