Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Last week in the MTC!

August 11, 2016

Buongiorno too all!
  It really is a good morning! We got up at 5:30 to do laundry again.. haha So today is my last Pday in the US and that's pretty exciting! We got our flight plans in the mail last Friday, we leave eeearly Monday morning. I am seriously so excited I can't even believe that I'm going to be in Italy it still doesn't feel real! 
  The MTC has been flooding with missionaries recently last week. On the third we had about 900 missionaries come in! That was the biggest group the have ever had coming in in one day. So right now there's a little over 3000 missionaries here which is crazy because that is about how much missionaries there were when we had the age change, where missionaries can now go out at the age of 18 for young men and 19 for young women. Yesterday there was about 500 missionaries that came in and I got to host and that was a real good deal. Its crazy to see how the Lord is hastening the work. I know that there is no where else that God would rather have me be than serving his children right now. 
  I have to say I'm gonna miss the MTC. It has been another really good week here full with spiritual experiences!  We had so many this week I wish I could remember them all. I'll start with choir, so I was actually sick this week which wasn't that fun and I couldn't even talk but I still went to choir because it's always a good spiritual time. And we get a good seat for the devotionals so it's a win win haha anyway this week we sang "More Holiness Give Me" and it was so so good! Music does a great job of bringing the spirit into a meeting. The Devotional was really good too. We had Elder Neil L. Anderson  (another one if the Lord's Twelve Apostles!) come to our Tuesday devotional.  I got really lucky that I had the chance to listen to two Apostles while I've been there, usually people don't even get one. 
  So what I remember most about this week was our district TRC. This is where we get to teach an actual member of the church and not just one of out teachers. Our first couple of weeks doing it we just taught local people who spoke Italian and it was cool. But these last two weeks have been lessons over Skype and this week was amazing! We taught a super sweet lady from Italy her name was Silvna. Our lesson went so good. We were talking to her about how through the  Atonement, Gods Grace and love we can get through all trials. Her husband isn't a member and that is kind of hard for her. I started to bear my testimony to her and I was just filled with the spirit. I hardly know Silnva and I wasn't even talking to her in person but the love I felt for her was amazing.  It's crazy how much love you can feel for people you don't even know. That is one thing I love so much about being a missionary. We are set apart as servant's of Jesus Christ and one way that he shows his love for people is through us. It is the best feeling in the world to share the love of Christ to others. I got to feel just a pinch of Christ's love for Silvna and I can't imagine how much love he has for each and everyone of us. It strengthens my testimony so much to be able to be a missionary and I love it! The thing I am most excited for in Italy is to go and just love everyone I see and teach will all my heart. Also pizza everyday will be a pretty good bonus ;)
Thank you to everyone for the prayers support and love!
Have an amazing week. I know I will :)
Love Anziano Ruiz

MORE HOLINESS GIVE ME
  1. 1. More holiness give me,
    More strivings within,
    More patience in suff'ring,
    More sorrow for sin,
    More faith in my Savior,
    More sense of his care,
    More joy in his service,
    More purpose in prayer.
  2. 2. More gratitude give me,
    More trust in the Lord,
    More pride in his glory,
    More hope in his word,
    More tears for his sorrows,
    More pain at his grief,
    More meekness in trial,
    More praise for relief.
  3. 3. More purity give me,
    More strength to o'ercome,
    More freedom from earth-stains,
    More longing for home.
    More fit for the kingdom,
    More used would I be,
    More blessed and holy--
    More, Savior, like thee.
  4. Text and music: Philip Paul Bliss, 1838-1876

A new good friend from the MTC- Varstnic (Elder in Romanian) William Perritt From Australia going to Romania. He is Maori which  is the nationality of the native people of New Zealand.

 Getting a haircut at the MTC. Never had a haircut by anyone else except mom before.

 Laundry


 All the new Missionaries going to Rome on Monday!


 Elder Dalton Stevens from Kennewick!

 Teacher - Sorella (Sister in Italian) Francom


roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Elder Roman Javier Ruiz
AUG16 ITA-ROM
2005 N 900 E Unit 69
Provo UT 84602

dearelder.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment