Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Week 4 for Anziano Ruiz at the MTC

August 4, 2016

Caro tutti,
  This week has gone by super fast! It's crazy to think I've been here for over 4 weeks. I'm going to be in Italy in no time, and I'm sooo excited to go! It has been another good week here at the MTC full with spiritual experiences as always but before I get to that we had another fire drill. It was in our building where we have class, so we just went and studied outside which was actually pretty nice. 
  This last Sunday and Tuesday I got to go on a split with Anziano Garrett so I could go to choir. It was super good. I found elder Salsbury and sat with him which was really cool. We sang "Lead, Kindly Light" there is a really cool back ground story that you should look up when you have the chance! The choir was way powerful and brought the spirit in the room a ton. I also made the the big screen so everyone saw me singing haha. 
  So I've been here at the MTC with some good friends that I competed with in track, they are from Central Valley. Ben Craig who I ran hurdles against is going to to the Novosibirsk Russia mission which is where Cortez is so that's sweet! Then there's Elder Trevor Brown who I pole vaulted against and he's going to Indonesia, he just left today, he's going to an awesome missionary!!
  Yesterday we had our last lesson with our investigator Carlo (who is our teacher Fratello (brother) Sloan.) It was pretty sad because we have felt the spirit with him a ton and really grew to love him. But it was a really good experience being able to teach him for a month. We're still teaching our other teacher Sorella Francom who is playing as Alessia. Our teachers usually play as investigators that they taught in there mission. Anyway Alessia is having a really hard time feeling gods love so as missionaries it's our job to help her feel it. Which is really fun because you learn to love people so much. We've helped her alto and are continuing to help her build her faith and come unto Christ. It feels so good helping people and seeing them come to Christ. Even if it's just our teacher haha. If there is one big thing I learned that hit me this week it was when we watched the Mormon message, it's really good the main point is that you need the weight of a heavy load to provide the traction for you to move forward. 
  Well as always I love all you guys and hope you have another great week! Thank you for all the prayers and love
Love, Anziano Ruiz



 MTC companions Anziano Melling and Anziano Ruiz

 Provo Temple

 Teaching Carlo, our teacher, Fratello Sloan



 Elder Jared Salsbury, friend from home, and Anziano Ruiz at Choir practice

 Studying outside



Stareyshina (Elder in Russian) Ben Craig from Spokane

 Elder Trevor Brown from Spokane

Elder Dalton,  Elder Ruiz, Elder Melling on the Temple grounds

Lead, Kindly Light
"Lead, Kindly Light, amidst th'encircling gloom,
Lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.
I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou
Shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
Lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!
So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on.
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile!
Meantime, along the narrow rugged path,
Thyself hast trod,
Lead, Saviour, lead me home in childlike faith,
Home to my God.
To rest forever after earthly strife
In the calm light of everlasting life."

 Bear Up Their Burdens with Ease

roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Elder Roman Javier Ruiz
AUG16 ITA-ROM
2005 N 900 E Unit 69
Provo UT 84602

dearelder.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment