Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

I love being a Missionary!

September 5, 2016 

  The weeks are flying! There are tons of miracles here on the mission it is amazing. A couple of weeks ago we got an email from the Sister Missionaries serving in the Salt Lake Temple mission, they taught the restoration to a young family that was on vacation in America, and they loved it! It turns out they live in the Rome 2 area. They got back to Rome last weekend and actually called us! They are so ready for the gospel and I can't wait to see it change their lives. I can't wait to teach Floriana, Luigi and their kid! 
  We saw another miracle last night. So a couple of weeks ago we got a random call at about 10:30 pm from a guy named Bright, he was asking if we were the American missionaries.  We set an appointment to meet with him the next day, but he didn't show up. This happened a number of times so we decided to drop him as an investigator. Then yesterday he called us again (which is a miracle in its self) and wanted to meet. So we went to the place where we were supposed to meet and waited  and he didn't show up for an hour and it was time to go home so we went to take the metro but got on the wrong side.. so we had to walk up and all the way around. But as we got to the other side some guy started talking to us and was saying that he was needing to find his friend because he had a meeting. He said he was looking for Anderson haha and that was us. So we finally got to meet with Bright, which would have never happened if we didn't get on the wrong side of the metro, (a mistake we have never made before), we would have been walking on the train as he was walking off and Anziano Anderson and I would have never saw him. Bright is from Nigeria and speaks English, he is coming to family home evening with us today and is excited to hear our message. It is great seeing God's hand in our work here, He truly does have a plan for everything even if it is by making a mistake. I love being a missionary. And it's a huge plus that I get to live in Rome while serving.
  Today we played some zone calcio (soccer) is was super good I got to meet a lot of other missionaries serving here.
Again thank you everybody for your prayers I can really feel them. I love my ward here, I love the work, I love Rome and I love the people here. Have a great week!
Anziano Ruiz
By our house

Anziano Anderson and I at the bus stop

All the Anziani in our zone 

We got to see the temple that's being built!


roman.ruiz@myldsmail.com

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment