Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, April 3, 2017

With a testimony and faith in this, I have found so much hope in all moments of my life.

April 3, 2017
  Buongiorno tutti! It was another great week over here in Italy! General conference weekend was great and it’s always an uplifting experience to listen to the chosen servants of the Lord. I really liked President Monson’s talk on charity. I think a big part of having charity is gratitude. One way that I was always taught from my parents to be grateful is through thinking positively. On my mission and throughout life in general a positive mindset has been such a blessing to me. I thank my awesome parents for that!

  So here in Olbia we do house finding which is really awesome! It's just like your typical mission story that you hear. So this week we did some house finding in the hot sun, ran into some big scary dogs, and saw miracles! So we picked a neighborhood and wanted to hit up every house. In Italy they all have fences and you ring their bell from the fence and it has a speaker on it; so they talk to you that way or just come out. The first day we didn't have all that much time so we went back the next day to finish up. We go down a street and start ringing but nothing, then my companion says 4th floor last door because there was only one house left. We ring and then wait.. still nothing. At the end of the street there was dirt road that curved around the corner behind some trees so it looked like nothing. But I said let's "check the attic!" So we walked down this little dirt road and turned the corner and there was another house! There wasn't a gate with a bell but luckily there was a dog and it came after us and started barking and because of that the owner heard and come out. We explained who we were, she invited us in and we showed her the new prince of peace Jesus video. She asked us what the difference between our church and their church was so we shared the message of the Restoration. It was just an awesome miracle and and testimony that God has great things in store for us when we don't give up.

  Yesterday in between sessions of General Conference we had an awesome  pronzo with an Investigator Santo. He had some other friends over and we started talking about religion and one asked "if there really is a God then why is there bad in this world" it was such a great opportunity to share our knowledge of the plan of Salvation. There are so many questions that can be answered with this beautiful message. I really like using 2 Nephi 2: 
22-25 to answer the question” why is there bad in this world?” 

2 Nephi 222-25

  • Book of Mormon
22And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end. 
23And they would have had no children ; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy , for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin . 
24But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things. 
25Adam fell that men might be; and men are , that they might have joy . 

 But most of all I like verse 24, "But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things." Everything that happened to us in this world is according to the plan of God. With a testimony and faith in this I have found so much hope in all moments of my life, I have truly felt joy throughout my hardest trials. I know that everyone can have joy, and that's possible through the power of Jesus Christ, because of his Atonement. I'm so happy to be here and to share this testimony with the Italian people and I can't wait for another week in the service of the Lord.

Visit voglio bene! 
Anziano Rui


President Monson's talk on charity.

Some more pictures from last week at Golfo Aranci Beach





 This week














No comments:

Post a Comment