Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Transferred! New area - Olbia on the Island of Sardegna

March 27, 2017  

  Wow this week has been just crazy! I don't know where to start, so I got transferred to Olbia which is a small city in Sardegna! I'm gonna miss Ascoli a lot, I really loved it there and the members. My new companion is Anziano Rogler from New York! He's awesome we get along really well so that's good, so far I've all of my companions and I have gotten along really well.  Anz Rogler just got done being trained so I'm follow up training him which is sweet, I'm excited to help him out and teach him some of the stuff I know. There is a little branch here in Olbia is about the same size as Ascoli but we have an actual building so that's sweet! It's weird but nice having church in a building, I'm so used to my apartment ha. 

  So after I got my call that I was getting transferred it was just a big rush of packing saying bye to all my friends that I made here but still doing missionary work at the same time! Tuesday we had our last district meeting together and ate some good food. I'm gonna miss my old district they were sweet but so is my new one. Tuesday night we had dinner with the Bosco and Teodosi's. They are the top family that we would go to every Sunday for pronzo so we have awesome relationships with them. It was hard to say goodbye they are just so awesome. The next day was full with goodbyes also. We stopped by Silvano and he is just so strong in the church, he was expressing to me all the joy that it has been bringing  him and was just thanking me so much for helping him find the full truth. There is just so much joy that can be found through missionary work, it's such a blessing to be here doing this.   

  Thursday morning I started my journey to Olbia and it was a journey haha. 6 hour train to Rome I stayed there for the night then that next morning I hopped on a plain to Sardegna by myself and I met my new district. They are all sweet. Anziano Cutler who was my district leader in the MTC is my Distract leader here so that's so cool!! We are a young district, there is just one sister who came in the mission six weeks before me and Anz Cutler. So we have a lot of what they call greeny fire! We're really excited to blow up the work! I finally got into my new area that night. And the next day was pretty packed with getting settled and weekly planning but we did some finding that night and it was super good! I'm so excited to be here! Sunday we had pronzo at president Mazzone house with pretty much all the branch. I guess it's like that every Sunday it's cool the members are all really tight and we're going to have great relationships! 

  Today we're going to Golfo Aranci with the district so that will be really sweet! I'm so happy to be here, I can’t wait to see what the lord has in store for us. I know I'm here for a reason and I'm excited and determined to find that reason through hard work! I'm just so happy to be a missionary and to have this experience. I love the scripture Ether 12: 27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them" know that our weaknesses are here to strengthen us; and that with faith and practice when we turn to our Savior Jesus Christ  our weaknesses can become strengths!

I hope you all have a great week! 

Vi voglio bene 


-Anziano Ruiz 
 Last days in Ascoli





The District










Saying goodbye to Friends in Ascoli









Reminders of home while traveling to Rome
Washington, the Evergreen State!

The Rome Temple, under construction.

Taking off to the Island of Sardegna!





New Area - Olbia on the Island of Sardegna
The new District!


  Golfo Aranci beach




No comments:

Post a Comment