Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, December 5, 2016

I invite all to practice their Christ-like attribute of gratitude through counting blessings

December 5, 2016 
  This week was over in the blink of an eye! I don't have much time so this might be short. A couple of days ago I went back to Rome for my Promesso, so now I'm legal here haha finally. Then Sunday we had a big stake conference in a nice hotel because the churches aren't big enough here, haha anyway it was really good. it was also super awesome to see a lot of the friends that I made in Rome, there are some much cool people there! I miss the GANS, youth and the families, there are a ton that I miss, they are all super awesome! I also got to see a lot of missionaries which is always a treat!
  Saturday night I went on a scambio with Anziano Cagnacci he is a greeny in his second transfer right now and is native Italian so that was super fun I hope I'll get to serve with him one day! so that night we went to a dinner appointment with the Olmos family. Right before I left Rome I met them and we both really wanted to have dinner together but I got transferred so we couldn't. So it was super awesome that we got to do that! they are so so awesome!! Their boys played the guitar and it was so sweet haha I wanna learn someday when I'm home! the Olmos are from Sandpoint Idaho that's why we got along so well! I have family  there. After dinner and the guitar playing with shared a spiritual thought on blessings, the spirit was amazing! there is the saying that goes "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with it" and it applies perfectly to counting blessings and happiness. Through blessings we can recieve 10% happiness but when we recognize them, thank God for them, show gratitude and maybe even write them down we can receive 90% more happiness. I invite all to practice their Christ-like attribute of gratitude through counting blessings, and by this we can experience the true joy that a simple blessing like "the sun was out today" can bring.
  Also this  week we had the chance to meet with our friend Silvia! She loves the missionaries so much but is not to interested in changing her beliefs. Silvia is about 75 and works as a tailor. A couple of weeks ago we gave her a Book of Mormon. We wanted  follow up and it went okay, she is really set on her beliefs. For the closing prayer she asked me to give a prayer but for it to be spontaneous and from the heart, which is perfect because that is how we believe we should pray. So I said the prayer (in my not so perfect Italian) and after she was crying and told us how she felt that spirit so strong that we are certainly two special angels in her life, and how grateful she is to know us. It was an awesome experience and a huge testimony to me of the amazing power that a simple prayer can bring into a room. I love being here, making friends and bringing the spirit to people's live's, it is such a great opportunity. 
Thank you all for everything and have a great week!!

Vi voglio bene 
Anziano Ruiz 



 Some awesome members that we visit every Wednesday. They are so crazy loving  and just straight up Italian! Daughter - Alessandra, Grandma, Mom - Roberta. 


Of course, have to take a picture of the Maserati/ Ferrari store.

More cooking

 More sandwich making      
Christmas tree Mom made and sent from home.

  roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia


No comments:

Post a Comment