Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, December 19, 2016

I know that through Christ we can find light in this world at any time

December 19, 2016

  This week was a good one! We had zone conference which was good. I always enjoy going back to Rome! Anyway, the conference was good, we talked a lot about working with the leaders in your ward which is interesting because we don't have any haha. But we also talked about working with the members which was really cool. One quote that I liked was "The missionary's responsibility's are to help and assist the missionary work of the ward." This shows the great responsibility that the ward has to do missionary work. 

  Yesterday we got to meet with Silvano (who is from Africa)and it was super good, we've been meeting with him about once a week but he hasn't really wanted to keep commitments. We have had some good lessons with him the past couple of weeks and they have been going a lot better, he really likes the book of Mormon now. So this last time we met with him he had read 3 chapters and a pamphlet we gave him two weeks ago. Then he was really excited to talk about it with us. We didn't even ask him and he was already talking about how he has to keep all of the commitments on the back of the pamphlet. So we are really excited to see where the lord takes him!
 
  This week while we were finding I saw a picture of a guy throwing the discus in side of a shop so we walked in and I asked if he sold that kinda stuff and he said no. But it turned out that the picture was of his son. His son is on the Italian Olympic team and placed 3rd in disc this last Olympics! Well I'm pretty sure at least, haha unless understood wrong. But that was really cool, he showed us where a track was so maybe I'll do some running in the morning!

   Anziano Ferinotti and I watched the Christmas devotional this week and it was really good. One thing I really liked was "there is no Christmas without Easter". Christmas is a wonderful time that we get to remember the birth of Jesus Christ but this birth would be no more different or special than any other if it wasn't for the Atonement and Resurrection of Christ. Through this magnificent event, Jesus Christ became our Lord Savior and redeemer of this world! I know that through Christ we can find light in this world at any time. I am so grateful for him and everything that he is. I love this Gospel so much and the opportunity I have to share it everyday!

  I hope you all have a great week and a merry merry Christmas!

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Ruiz 
roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma
Piazza Monte Gemma, 9
00141 Roma Italia
Rome East Zone Conference
  
Missionary Nativity play after zone conference



Beautiful Ascoli Piceno

The track! 


A cool guitar shop I found


 Just some Christmas decorations that I made.

New Haircut


No comments:

Post a Comment