Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, November 28, 2016

I am so happy to be here on a mission, to share the amazing Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to spread happiness and salvation.

November 28, 2016  
  This week was great!! Tons of miracles! So the man we found last week is progressing so much! It is awesome his name is Francesco and as of right now he has accepted a baptismal date for the 17th of December. Francesco told us that a couple of weeks ago he had a dream and saw two bright people that he didn't know but he knew he could trust them, as he was explaining this to us he said that he now knows that they were us. So that was a really cool story to hear. So he has been a huge miracle, he will say comments to us during lessons like "when I am baptized.." or after well say a phrase starting with "if this is true..." he will say "if it wasn't true I wouldn't be here". He also said that he felt like his life needed a new path and he knows this is it. Francesco is awesome!
  This week we also had a Thanksgiving party at our apartment which was super fun! I  We were invited to go to Pescara (2 hour train ride away) for a thanksgiving party but Anziano Ferinotti said that it would be better to have our own here so members can actually come, and try to invite investigators. So we did that and since I was the American of our group here I was in charge to plan it. But luckily for me when you have a party with Italians you can just tell people there will be food and have them bring something and that's all you have to do. Haha so we did that and had an awesome turn out! It was amazing we had about all the members, some English course students and their friends, and we had about 6 investigators.  It was great to be able to talk to everyone and strengthen relationships with investigators, you become more friends instead of a teacher to then. That's how it should be. It was also great  to see where my Italian has come by talking to so many people. It was overall a great experience.
  The other day we randomly ran into Paulo in Centro, He is a referral that we met with my first day here. We tried to have a lesson the first time with him but he didn't have time but we were able to leave him a Book of Mormon. It turns out that he read 20 pages of the book of Mormon! Such a miracle! We are trying to get an appointment with him. I'm excited to see what the lord has planned!
  We had a lot of other miracles this week but it would be too long of an email to tell them all. The end of this week was slower, One day we had 4 lessons planned and none of them happened; So later that night while I was writing in my journal I had the opportunity to write my testimony and just reflect on what I am doing here and where the lord has taken me. I am so happy to be here on a mission, to share the amazing Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to spread happiness and salvation. There is nothing I would rather be doing. I love you all and hope the best for you. Thank you so much for the prayers I can truly see them throughout my day :) Have a great week!
Vi voglio bene
Anziano Ruiz

 Piazza Ventidio Basso
 

Places I see every day 



There are so many cool streets here. This is just what you think of when you think of Italy.








   

11 pound bag of pasta!


 roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment