Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Being able to hear the words of the Lord through his ordained servants is such an amazing blessing that we have in our days.

May 21, 2018

  Well this week was pretty crazy and it flew! First off the unexpected happened, I got transferred! I really thought that I was going to finish my mission in Cagliari but it turns out that they need me back in Olbia. I am so excited to be back; it's just crazy!  I'm also with Anziano Lamoureux who was in my district in Napoli. We are really excited for a good transfer together!
  So when I got the news about transfers it was pretty crazy I didn't know what to think, I'm pretty sad to leave Cagliari and that I only got to serve with Anziano Christensen for one transfer. He is awesome! And is a legend at the piano! My last couple of days in Cagliari were pretty good, I said good by to our ward mission leader and to some of the sweet people we found who are now investigating the church! Transfer day there was pretty crazy, since we are on an island everyone is flying out an in, we have to make the same trip back and forth to go to the air port like 6 times haha it was crazy! I just took a train up to Olbia.
  Retiring to Olbia was so weird,  I just have so many mission memories here. I always said that Olbia will be probably my most talked about city after my mission and now I'm here again and so happy! Anziano Lamoureux and I had an awesome weekly planning last Friday and we are ready to give Olbia everything we have. Our last couple of days here have been crazy with just talking to everyone we see. It's going to be a great transfer.
  It was super good to see the members here in Olbia again, they heard I was coming so they had me give a talk in church. It was pretty cool. I felt like I was giving a homecoming talk almost so that was pretty interesting haha. They are happy that I'm back. And so am I!
This week I've been listening to a lot of General Conference talks and it seems like every one is just so perfect. I am so grateful to live in a time where there are apostles and prophets on the earth. Being able to hear the words of the Lord through his ordained servants is such an amazing blessing that we have in our days. I know that God loves us and that he really does call prophets and apostles in our days. I love a quote by Elder Neil L. Andersen "A prophet does not stand between you and the Savior. Rather, he stands beside you and points the way to the Savior. A prophet’s greatest responsibility and most precious gift to us is his sure witness, his certain knowledge, that Jesus is the Christ."
Vi voglio bene!
Love Anziano Ruiz






No comments:

Post a Comment