Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Friday, July 14, 2017

"Obedience brings success; exact obedience beings miracles." – President Nelson.

July 10, 2017
  A lot happened this week! It started out with a scambio with Anziano Morrill, that was great! After a district pday we headed back to the church and had not much time to go out finding so we decided to go to the back of the church soccer field because there are always kids there. So we went and there were these two guys our age kinda just chillin. We started talking to them and ended up teaching the restoration it was really cool they even took a Book of Mormon and were down to meet again! The next day was 4th of July so Anziano Morrill and I made some bacon cheeseburgers they were really good! Then English course was 4th of July themed. So not a bad 4th of July in Italy, I'm lucky because I only miss one of them on my mission!

  Then I hit my year Mark last Thursday and we got hamburgers again! It feels pretty weird that I've already been out a year now. I have more friends going on missions and others going home. Being a missionary has been an awesome experience and I'm ready for another year of it! It also makes me sad that I only have a year left to live I Italy. I've grown to love these people so much. I once heard that missionaries after a year tend to start coasting the mission, right after I heard that I made a mental goal that I was not going to be that missionary. I know that I am on the Lord's time and that is precious to me. I don't want to waste a second of it.
  This past transfer has been one of huge growth for me. The work is pretty slow here in Olbia but we've been working so hard to find people who are ready for this gospel.  I read a quote this week from an email "Obedience brings success; exact obedience beings miracles." – President  Nelson. I've been putting this to the test and I can say it's true! We have been seeing so many miracles in Olbia! Anziano Parker and I have been going the extra mile to be more obedient and magnify our callings. And it's great, there is so much more happiness, trust and faith in the Lord when we do what he asks! It feels good to say that I am exactly where the Lord wants me, but I am doing or at least striving to do and be exactly what and who the Lord wants me to be!
 I wish I could write more but I don’t have much time! I love the mission and can't wait to keep hastening the work!! The field is white!

Vi voglio bene! 


-Anziano Ruiz 

No comments:

Post a Comment