Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

July 31, 2017 

  This week was great! So last Monday Anziano Parker and I had a sweet p day at Santa Teresa di Gallura. Then later that night we got transfer calls and I found out that I was going to Napoli!!  Napoli is every missionaries dream so I'm pretty dang lucky to be here! I'm serving with Anziano Hyrum Smith. He's in the same group as Anziano Parker which is cool. I've also been asked to be the District leader, that will be really fun. So I've been here for 4 days and I love it so much! The members are sweet, the pizza is the best in the world (literally) and my new companion is awesome.

  So for our last night of finding Anziano Parker and I went singing in the centro of Olbia and that was interesting haha but pretty fun. It was great serving with Anziano Parker I definitely grew a lot those two transfers. And I really grew a great love for Olbia I love all the members there. It was too bad I didn't get to say bye to them; we had planned to do a big dinner together but plans got changed and I had to be on the other side of the island to catch a plane. Transfers can be pretty crazy here. I first took a plane to Rome and from there to Napoli. First thing we did when we got there was get a pizza.... man that was good. My second day here we had probably the best weekly planning on my mission! We set up some awesome goals for this transfer and have solid week ahead of us. We have been seeing miracles already We went finding and were able to teach a quick restoration and set up an appointment for this next Tuesday it was sweet. I'm really pumped to work with Anziano Smith.

  I just want to share a really quick scripture from the Bible Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." It can be easy to put confidence in men weather it be a friend or even yourself.  Maybe the idea of man seems like the right things to do logically but the difference is that that is according to our logic. God has the logic of a God and an eternal perspective that is why we should always trust him, even if we can see in our own eyes the joyfully outcome. I know that we can always trust in the Lord no matter what situation. As long as we stay single to his glory we will always have joy. 
Have a great week! 

Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Ruiz

From the Branch President in Olbia-
 "Thank you for sending a wonderful young man on a mission. It's always a pleasure to talk to him with his level of maturity and spiritual strength. He is loved so much here in Olbia and we all will remember him." 

Santa Teresa Gallura, Province of Olbia-Tempio, Italy






















Transfer time. Fiumicino, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy.

 First stop in Napoli to get the worlds best pizza!




View from our apartment in Napoli.
View from our apartment

Some old Ruins



Argued as the best pizza in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment