Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, November 21, 2016

New area, Ascoli Piceno!

November 21 2016 
  It was a crazy week with transfers but it still went super fast! So last Monday I got my transfer call to Ascoli Piceno to serve with Anziano Farinotti!! I was so sad to leave Rome, I really loved it there. The people are awesome and I will miss the GANS. But I was really excited to come here to and serve with Farinotti. I actually wanted to come to Ascoli because I heard they get snow for Christmas! So it was a wish come true, it is so pretty here! I am in the middle of the mountains so everything is very green I love it so much. You can look up in the mountains and just see little houses scattered around its super cool. The Centro here is awesome too, it is super old school Italian, so so cool I love it! 
  Getting here I first took a bus to L'Aquila and that ride was absolutely beautiful.. I can't explain it.  It was just so pretty. Then I met my companion in L'Aquila and went to Ascoli, It was dark so I couldn't watch out my window sadly. Anziano Farinotti is awesome!! He is a native Italian from Bergamo, up north. We already knew each other from a mission conference a while ago so I was really excited to serve with him. He is learning English  but it is already pretty dang good. We talk in Italian when we are out of the house which is sweet because I need the practice, I am really excited to learn a lot more Italian.
  It is a big blessing to have Anziano Farinotti as a companion. We work good together, my first night here (Thursday) we were on the way to Centro to do some finding (about a 15 min walk), and offered an old man some help to carry his groceries. He said no but then asked us about out church and what we were doing. We started talking to him taught him a little about the book of Mormon and he said we could meet again. So we met Sunday and had a lesson about the restoration it was good!
  My first day here (Friday) we already saw some awesome miracles! Maria Pia is an investigator who plans weddings so she is always super busy and never has time to meet. We really wanted to see her so we planned on bringing her some brownies Saturday morning so we did and she was home! She was so excited to see us! Maria Pia loves the missionaries so much! She told us she she is usually never home on Saturday mornings and it was a miracle that we got to see her! While we were visiting her she asked if she could say a prayer and she thanked God for letting us see her. That was an awesome miracle.
  My first Sunday day here was great!! We have church in our apartment and it is such and awesome experience! There are about 10 members that come and they are great examples to me. It is amazing to see how sacred every hour of church is to them, especially the sacrament. You can just feel the love that all in the room have for the atonement of Jesus Christ. The spirit is amazing.
  Since our apartment is the church we can have people over which is sweet, usually we are not even supposed to tell people where we live. It is a unique experience and opportunity we have and one that not a lot of missionaries get. I am very thankful for that!! For thanksgiving we are having a party at the apartment with the members, I am really excited! Being in Ascoli and having church in my apartment also means that we have to keep the house really clean, but that has been cool, it has actually grown my testimony that on how a house can be the closest thing spiritually to a temple. And the first step is cleanliness. I thank my mom for teaching me how to clean / making me clean. Haha Anyway Ascoli is super awesome and I love the people here so much already! I can't wait to help grow God's kingdom!
  Thank you everyone for all the prayers. Have a great week!
Vi voglio bene!
Anziano Ruiz 

 The bus ride from Rome to L'Aquila was beautiful. 
(these pictures, through the bus window, do no justice to this beautiful countryside)
This is what I think of when I think of Italy.





My new companion, Anziano Farinotti, and I.


Here is Centro of Ascoli, it is super sweet. We do finding in all of these areas.



 
  Some pictures from the roof of my apartment, pretty sweet.


  It's amazing to see the members commitment to follow Jesus Christ. Even if that means going to church in a apartment. Here is how we set up.


On the way home from pronzo there was a soccer game with a ton of people watching outside the stadium.  It was super cool. 


Last meal I made for Anziano Anderson and myself.
 roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment