Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, September 12, 2016

The book of Mormon changes lives for the better. I know this to be true.

September 12, 2016

  I feel like I just wrote you all yesterday.. it was another fast fast good week! We have been getting some pretty hard core rain and lightning storms they are awesome! The first one happened when I was on a scambio(exchange) with Anziano Joregson in central Rome. That was super cool, rain just sets a different mood haha. The other times we've lucked out and have been in cars or home. Anyway that was sweet because I love the rain, but it slows the work because then everyone says inside.
  So here in Rome 2 our area just covers a tiny part of central Rome and we hardly ever go there. A lot of the finding we do is in parks that are on the out skirts part of Rome. In Italy no one really cares about keeping things clean so everything is super dirty including the parks we go to. So me and Anz. Anderson decided to do something about that. We picked a park and every Thursday we do service by picking up trash. It has become really good, the same kids are always there and when we walk in they all rush us and start taking selfies with us and want to help pick up trash. It's really cool haha and the parents appreciate us too. We get some funny comments from the older generation they talk to us like we're 4 years old sometimes the "bravo bravo" "bravissimo"  then we have the ones that say "finally someone cleaning up around here " or ask where we're from, we tell them America they say "aww! It takes Americans to clean up around here". It's just funny because they can clean up too but not one does. Haha   I love it here though, its always a good time with Anz. Anderson. There is a park that one of the senior couples likes to keep clean and they always paint over graffiti and they had an idea that me and Anz. Anderson should do some type of church related graffiti art there (Anziano Anderson is into that kind of stuff and is good at it). So we want to do a big stencil of Jesus Christ and maybe put a scripture. That will be really cool we just have to get it passed by President Pickered and we should be good.
  Scripture study has been really good this week. I've been reading more out of the book of Mormon and it is so filling. I learn something new everyday. In Preach My Gospel it states "For you to grow in the gospel and stay on the path that leads to eternal life, you need to develop a habit of gospel study (see D&C 131:6)." I testify of this. In the short time that I have been on my mission I have seen my testimony grow tremendously. It is from having a very solid habit Gospel study. The book of Mormon changes lives for the better. I know this to be true.
Have a great week everyone!
Love, Anziano Ruiz
A nicer park



roman.ruiz@myldsmail.com

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment