Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, June 11, 2018

"God is like the sun, even when it rains he's still here!"

June 11, 2018 
 So this week was pretty great! We had Zone conference and it was my last one so that is pretty crazy! It was a good conference. It's always good to see the other missionaries I have great friends in this zone! Every Zone conference the "dying" missionaries (those that are about to finish their missions) bear their testimonies. It's pretty crazy because every zone conference you hear different missionaries bear their "death testimony" some old companions some great friends; any you know one day that will be you. So yeah that was me this week. It was pretty interesting feeling I have time left in my mission, not much but still time, but it gave me a feeling of what it might be like to finish my mission. Very bitter sweet, but filled with the spirit!

  After zone conference we made our  way back to Olbia to finish up the week with some good ole missionary work. We had a Skype lesson with Roberto and that was pretty good. We talked about the Book of Mormon and that was great! We invited him to fast with us to receive an answer if the Book of Mormon is true. And he did so that is awesome! We are waiting to have another lesson so we can talk about it a bit more. The reason that we want to help people know if the Book of Mormon is true and the Word of God is because it is the keystone of our religion. In Matthew 7 it says "15 ¶ Beware of false prophets... 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits..." The Book of Mormon is a fruit of the prophet Joseph Smith and also a fruit of the church. If it's true then this is the actual Vhurch of Jesus Christ that He has restored on the earth Today! 

  During zone conference President Pickerd and Sorella Pickerd gave trainings on faith. They are definitely inspired! President Pickerd gave the invite to develop our faith, that invite led me to build my testimony this week. In particular as I was studying I can across verse 6 of Ether 12 "I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." When I think of this verse I always think of the first part but this time what really hit me was the second part; "dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." I love how clear and straight forward this is. Faith can be hard but I know that after each trial of our faith we can receive a witness, we just have to keep believing and then one day we will all see and know. One thing that really touched me that Anziano Lamoureux said to some one this week was "God is like the sun, even when it rains he's still here!" I know that this is true! 

Vi voglio bene!

Love Anziano Ruiz 



















Sardegna Zone Conference 





No comments:

Post a Comment