Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, March 5, 2018

Thanks to this knowledge, questions don't make me doubt my faith.

March 5, 2018 

Fast week! Happy birthday to my little brother Elijah!!

  It was pretty hard to meet with people this week so we were out on the street quite a bit. It also rained a lot this week and even snowed one night so that was great! But also meant that there weren't a lot of people on the street. We got the impression to do some house to house and originally thought of a place to go, but every time I thought of doing house to house I had a different place pop into my head. So we went there and it was great, we ended up talking to a lot of people on the street and  teaching the restoration to someone who was pretty interested.  It was awesome. We also ran into some one who knew the missionaries from a while ago. 

  Another time this week we started talking to this guy -who knew the missionaries from long time ago- in front of his pizzeria.  We sat down with him and talked and he introduced us to almost every one that passed by haha it was sweet! That same thing happened like 3 times this week haha. Then Sunday we met some guys on the street that then took us to their Gelato shop/Italian bar. They introduced us to everyone and we explained who we are and what we do and they all really liked it. We got offered gelato and drinks by like 3 different people but we told them no thank you because it was Sunday. After that Carlo (the one we ate with a couple of weeks back) came in with his wife and saluted us and then he offered us gelato! Haha We told him the same thing and that "We're good thank you"  then he said "you'll be better with a gelato!:)" Then insisted that we let him get us one. We lost and ended up eating a delicious gelato, it was super good! As we were leaving they made us take pastries home for the breakfast the next morning haha man I love Italians!

  We had a couple meal appointments this week one with Francesco (the one who is planning on meeting us in Utah) it was good he is awesome! He offered to take me snowboarding.. man that was tempting haha I wish! Then we are with Sorella Spadafora and man is was so good I'm getting a lot of recipes from her so I should be able to make some good food by the end of my time here.

  I found a scripture that I really liked this week 1 Nephi 11:17, talking about God. Nephi says "... I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." I like this because it shows that even a Prophet of God walks with faith and doesn't have perfect knowledge. Lots of people ask us questions  because maybe they understand something or don't have the whole picture.  The best thing that we can do is understand that God loves us and that he has a perfect knowledge. I know that God loves us so much, I know that because he sent his son Jesus Christ and has given us a plan to return to him and to have joy in this life. I know that God loves me and all of you. Thanks to this knowledge, questions don't make me doubt my faith. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior that he lives and has restored his church on the earth today.

Vi vogliamo bene!

Love Anziano Ruiz
 



No comments:

Post a Comment