Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, October 10, 2016

I'm always amazed to see the miracles that come!

October 10, 2016 
  This week was a little long because of transfers but it was a good one! So I am staying in Rome for another 6 weeks and I'm super excited! Me and my  companion pretty much have the hang of everything here and know how to get everywhere and anywhere we want.
   I don't remember if I mentioned our Friend Mauro last week, but me and Anziano Anderson went to go see him again. He is a lawyer but on Fridays he works at a Vegan Gelato shop that he and his friends all run for fun. They make Gelato with olive oil instead of milk and it's actually super good! Every time we go he gives us free Gelato so that's sweet too haha, so we have free Gelato Fridays. Mauro is really interested in what we have to say which is cool because maybe that interest will turn into a desire one day,  but for now when ever me and Anziano Anderson invite him to church he tells us that yoga and meditation is his religion and that is where he finds his peace so that's interesting and cool haha maybe we'll do some yoga with him one day!
  So a couple of weeks a go I think I told you about Jorge who is from Peru. We randomly ran into him with a member in the metro station and invited him to English course but he told us he'd rather have us teach him about Jesus. Which was a huge miracle. But me and my companion haven't been able to get a hold of him because he uses whatsapp and missionaries can't use that. So that has been a bummer, but last Tuesday we ran into him again right after district meeting and it was so good to see him! He said he remembered me because of my last name. Anyway it turned out he lives right by the church! So we were able to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ later that day and he really liked it! So me and Anz Anderson are rally excited for Jorge but we have no way to contact him so it's difficult to make appointments.
  Yesterday we had a dinner appointment with the Stephenson family and McGreth couple, some American people in our ward, and we had tacos.. it was sooooo good! Haha I miss American food so much! They are all super cool and are into long boarding and snowboarding so we have a lot in common haha.
  So it has been a really good week and I'm always amazed to see the miracles that come. I know that it is because of all your prayers, thank you so much I can really feel them. I hope everyone has a good week!
-Anziano Ruiz
P.S. Something cool, me and Anziano Anderson watched a video during companion study one day this week called From Gang Member to "Good Man"- His Grace that was really good and the guy in the video looked really familiar, it's turns out I taught him in the MTC!



A track!


Sunrise


Saint Peter's Basilica


Pday at the church

Anziano Anderson, Pday on the bus.

Sushi in Rome

roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment