Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, October 3, 2016

Conference was completely amazing!

October 3, 20165 
  Wow another great week! First off conference, I remember Conference week when my brother Jaden was on his mission and we were reading his weekly email as a family.  My dad pointed it that Jaden said he enjoyed every second of General Conference. I remember thinking "how is that even possible?? It's so long!". Now being set apart as a full time missionary to serve the Lord for 2 years in Italy, I see that it is very possible. Conference was completely amazing, and I truly did enjoy every second of it. The week of General conference is like the week of the super bowl for missionaries haha. Saturday night we were able to watch the Saturday morning session live and it was the fastest 2 hours of my life! Every talk was go good yet so simple. Pray, rely on God, and spread the Gospel. Sunday was devoted to general conference we were at the church about  all day with some service in between sessions. Interesting story, me and my companion were actually late to the first Sunday session (which was priesthood session for understanding in Italy) because a homeless man pooped on our bus.. after our second session on Sunday. I went on a scambio (exchange) with Anziano Cannon to help an old lady -who I didn't know- go grocery shopping which was really good. She was a character! Haha we met her at her apartment and she came out with one arm in a cast and the other holding a crutch and don't forget her cigarette! She was about 4'11 haha. But we went to the store with her to help her get groceries and ended up being late to conference again because we picked out the wrong brand of wine. Italians are interesting but I love them so much! 
  So Sunday we watched 6 hours of General Conference every speaker was great I learned so much. 
This week we got great news that President Russell M. Nelson, of the Quorum of the Twelve, Elder Donald L. Hallstrom, of the Presidency of the Seventy, Bishop Gerald Causse, Presiding Bishop, and Elder Patrick Kearon, Europe Area President are coming to our mission for a missionary conference on October 20th. We are all very excited and blessed!
  So today I finished my first transfer in the mission and it went by so fast! I'm pretty sure I will be staying in Rome but I won't know for sure till later today. Its crazy I've already been on my mission for 3 months. I love it and can't wait for the rest of my time here! 
Have a great week and thanks for all the prayers!
Anziano Ruiz

 Anziano Anderson and Ruiz


Anziano Anderson and a beautiful flower


 

 Where all the studying happens   

somebody has gained some weight!

roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Anziano Roman Ruiz
Missione Italiana di Roma Piazza Monte Gemma, 9 00141 Roma Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment