Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

First week at the MTC for Anziano Ruiz!

July 14, 2016
  So the MTC has been pretty good so far! If I have learned one thing so far it had been the power of love and prayer. When I first got here I had a very unexpected hard time, the word got to my parents and they were having lots of people pray for me. I instantly started feeling better. I can feel everyone's prayers and it is so great!
  It's pretty non stop here at the MTC we get up at 6:30 have breakfast at 7:20 then don't get back to the residence till about 9:30 every night. But that's okay because we're lucky here to feel the spirit non stop also! I had the chance to sing in the choir and that was so good, music can be so powerful in bringing the spirit!
  The language.. haha its pretty tough and it throws me off knowing a little bit of Spanish because it's very similar but everything is different. But I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. (1 Nephi 3:7) I have been called of God to teach in the Italian language, I have faith that he will provide a way. I just need to work for it.
  My companion Anziano Melling is the zone leader and is probably one of the most Christ like guys I know. He is so awesome and loving to everyone he sees. We work really well together which is great for teaching the gospel and learning Italian. My district is pretty awesome haha we have Anziano Garrett, Minnoch, Cutler and Keller! We all just vibe off of each other it's so great haha!
We took a train to Salt Lake City this last Thursday to get our visas. That was pretty fun getting to know everyone. When we were in our meeting we sang Called to Serve in Italian to the two gals doing the paper work. It was only our second day on the Mish and we didn't even know any Italian but it went great ! I felt the spirit as we sang the words Called to Serve even though I didn't know what I was saying. The spirit is so real!
Thank you everyone for all your prayers! Hope you all have a great week.
Ciao!    -Anziano Ruiz

roman.ruiz@myldsmail.net

Elder Roman Javier Ruiz
AUG16 ITA-ROM
2005 N 900 E Unit  69
Provo UT 84602

The famous MTC picture! Anziano(Elder in Italian) Melling and Anziano Ruiz. MTC (Missionary Training Center) companions going to the Italy Rome Mission!

The MTC District 
Anzianos Cutler, Keller, Melling, Ruiz, Garrett and Minnoch 

 Provo Temple

Train ride to Salt Lake City to get their visas


No comments:

Post a Comment