Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, February 19, 2018

The greater faith we have in Jesus Christ, the more power we can receive from him.

February 19, 2018

  We had a pretty good week! It feels so long I can hardly remember what we did. Transfer calls are tonight and I'm pretty sure I'm staying. Anziano Daniels and I are doing some great work here together. I'm not sure if this transfer went super fast or slow haha. Anyway on Tuesday I did a scambio with Anziano Velardi, it was great I've done 3 scambios with him over my mission. He is an awesome missionary. After our scambio we drove back to Crotone and there was a ton on of snow it was great! We go to Crotone often and drive though a national park and its really pretty (Parco nazionale della Silla).
  We got to see Carlo a couple of times this week and that was super sweet. We just drive up to the castle and teach him, it's so cool haha. He is awesome, he really trusts us and is sincere about wanting to know if it's true. We also met a guy named Roberto this week who knew the missionaries from a while ago but never heard our message, he invited us right in his house, gave us something to drink and we taught him. He really liked it and we are going to be back this week. I love how loving and warm Italians are in the south! They are just awesome. 
  One day there were 3 different people who took us to a bar and got us little snacks like a cornetto and an orzo.
We made friends with this guy who sells flowers in our big main Piazza, Piazza Bilotti. Then he introduced us to some of his other friends and now we're just all friends and people know who the missionarys are. Anziano Daniels and I were talking the other day and we decided that when we get transferred that we want everyone to know who the Mormons are. We're taking to everyone and its awesome!
Saturday I turned 20 that was weird. It was good tho, we ended up running into some old friends and one of them had a birthday the previous day so that was pretty cool. We then drove over to Crotone for a baptism of the guy I interviewed last week and that was awesome, it was like the Lord's little birthday present to me.
Also on Saturday I was told I was giving a talk the next day in church, so that was fun news. Luckily I was able to chose my own topic and had been studying the power of the Book of Mormon that week. The central purpose of the Book or Mormon is to convince all people that Jesus is the Christ, in fact on the title page it says that the Book of Mormon is for "...the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God, manifesting himself unto all nations". The greater faith we have in Jesus Christ, the more power we can receive from him, "For he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever." I can't say enough; I know these things are true! I know that we can all develop that same testimony and find joy in Jesus Christ every day!

Vi vogliamo bene!
Love Anziano Ruiz


Anziano Velardi

Some good snow!




Shout out to my trainer Tanner Anderson and skating. This guy we met was in the X Games, his name is Diego Fiorese. He is pretty good at skating

February 17, 2018 - turned 20 today!




No comments:

Post a Comment