Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 5: 13


Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Monday, February 6, 2017

I have more fully found myself as I have lost myself in the service of others.

February 6, 2017
  Wow this week flew by and so did this transfer! We get transfer calls tonight and I would love to stay because I have grown a great love for the people here, but I also love to be where the lord wants me! Even if that means leaving. This week started a little slow and ended strong!
  We always have Silvano Sunday night so the very last appointment of the week. It’s a pretty smart idea because even if we do have a slow week we can end on a great note! Silvano received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday and it was an awesome experience. Since I've been here in Ascloi I've been able to be a part of many different priesthood ordinances and I have really seen and especially felt the power of God manifest through them. It's just amazing that we have this power on the earth today and it's such a blessing.
  So something funny. Our member Alex, who is my age, asked me to give him and his friend haircuts this week when they came over for lunch. It's funny that they totally trusted me that I could give them a haircut and they thought I knew how to cut hair because I think I mentioned it to them a couple weeks back just messing around. But the truth was I'd never cut anyone's hair before so I totally didn't know what I was doing! Haha so they came over and I made some good pasta for us then I cut their hair. Haha so I actually did a good job! And they were calling me "barber Ruiz" haha they thought I was super good! It was really funny! My mom must have passed the genes down!
  We had a pretty cool experience this week. So there are two referrals that are older women named Giuliana and Rita. Rita is the daughter and she is in very bad conditions from an accident I believe, and Giuliana takes care of her. So the first time we met with them was the first week I was here; and we have been trying to meet with them ever since. This week we finally got to meet with the them again! So we went with Andraya the member who gave us the referral; in the past lessons have gone not as planned with him. So we wanted to share the message of the Restoration and we planned for that specifically. Then when we got there we were just talking about the situation and what not then I felt like the Restoration wasn't the right message for them, so I told my companion that I thought we should teach the Plan of Salvation. And that's what we did. We had already mentioned that we were going to share the Restoration so we explained to them what we felt prompted to do, then taught the Plan of Salvation very simply but with such great power and spirit. And it was perfect for them, we really hit the Atonement and Resurrection, they were such special points for them that gave them so much hope for what is to come. Rita just had the biggest smile on her face and it was so good to see the happiness we brought into the room. This is why I love serving. I love to make people happy! Also President Spencer W. Kimball said, “We become more substantive as we serve others—indeed, it is easier to ‘find’ ourselves because there is so much more of us to find!” I have more fully found myself as I have lost myself in the service of others. I'm so happy to be here I can never thank God enough for everything I'm learning.
  The work is amazing here in Italy I'm so happy to bring joy to people's life! I hope that all can find this joy! Thank you all for the prayers, we see and feel them. Have a great week!

Vi voglio bene 


-Anziano Ruiz 
View from Paolo's house

A beautiful sunset

More beautiful views!




The bread is from this new bread place 
we started going to to try it out,
 it's always cram packed with people 
and we wanted to figure out why.
 It was good!



 Some interesting views

This is made completely out of cardboard



 This is Ugo, he is funny to talk to and I'm wearing his hat. He sells pet food and anything related to that.

Rita and Giuliana

Alex with his new a haircut by Barber Ruiz.


No comments:

Post a Comment